Our December Toolkit focuses on year-end giving and impact, helpful tips to navigate the holidays, and practical ways to give back this season. The public policy resources included provide insight into the Build Better Act and our most recent issue of Capitol Connection.
Year-End Giving & Holiday Resources
- The Top 8 Year-End Fundraising Resources for Nonprofits
- Join Amazon Smile
- 16 Ways to Prepare Children with Autism for Holidays
- Teaching Children Generosity: Getting and Giving During the Holidays
- Tips for Enjoying the Holidays With an Autistic Child
- The Build Back Better Act provides historic investments into services and supports for people with Autism. President Biden’s Build Back Better full framework.
- President Biden’s Build Back Better full framework.
- Watch this video about Caregiver supports in Build Back Better Act.
- Please continue to reach out to your Senators to urge them to support both the Build Back Better reconciliation bill and the bipartisan infrastructure bill. Please feel free to use this excellent policy brief on the Build Back Better HCBS provision from the Community Living Policy Center for talking points. The Bipartisan Policy Center produced policy considerations for improving Medicaid HCBS benefits that may be helpful.
- See December’s second issue of Capitol Connection.
- Georgia DD Council developed a short film highlighting the need to end the waiting list for HCBS.
The Autism Society’s National Helpline is here to support you and provide you with the resources you need. Our Information & Referral Specialists are available Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 7:00 pm (Eastern Time) at 800-3-AUTISM (800-328-8476) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Autism Society’s mission is to create connections, empowering everyone in the Autism community with the resources needed to live fully. As the nation’s oldest leading grassroots Autism organization, the Autism Society and its 73 local affiliates serve over half a million members of the Autism community each year. It envisions a world where everyone in the Autism community is connected to the support they need, when they need it – including education, advocacy efforts, and supports and services throughout the lifespan. If you found this article helpful, please consider supporting our efforts through a donation, every bit helps. Donate here!